In a previous post I presented the following problem and solved it using a regex with an embedded elisp expression.
That list should be transformed into a numbered (one based) list, like so:
It's time to revisit that problem, and present an alternative solution.
For this simple problem a regex is a bit of an overkill. This could easily be solved with a keyboard macro.
Solution using a keyboard macro:
- Set the macro counter to 1 (C-x C-k C-c 1)
- Start recording a macro (F3)
- Insert the macro counter followed by ". " at the beginning of ther first line (F3)
- Move to the next line and finish the macro (F4)
- Run the macro to the end of the file (C-u 0 C-x e)